Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie Quest Continues


Janet here:

Some of you may remember my bewailing the loss of my chocolate chip cookie mojo in this post. And Rachel's proclaiming that apparently she, according to the people who were in her birthing class, makes "the best chocolate chip cookies they'd ever eaten."

I have to tell you ... it's been kind of bugging me. So I've been thinking about how to get my chocolate chip cookies back up to snuff.

Which leads me to this new development and a secret ingredient that just could change the way I make these cookies forever. The idea comes from one of my colleagues, who told me that she puts a 1/2 cup of applesauce in her cookies instead of the 2 eggs typically in a Toll House recipe. She also switches out the 1 teaspoon of baking soda for 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder. The rest is the same.

The result, however, is not.

These cookies are amazing. Try them. You'll be wowed.

Rachel, the glove has been thrown down.

No comments:

Post a Comment