Monday, September 12, 2011

Ridiculously Simple Cookies


Janet here: I had planned to kick off the week with a Meatless Monday casserole as part of my fixation with Faith Durand's new cookbook, Not Your Mother's Casseroles. But then I saw a recipe for cookies without flour or butter, and I thought...Really? Is this possible? Will they be even remotely edible?

Yes. And yes.

I guess it makes sense on some level since flourless tortes have been around for a while. But cookies?

Yes. And yes.

These take about 2 minutes to whip up and 10 minutes to bake and then you can be stuffing your face with deliciousness. I'm not kidding.

I also think they just might be less caloric sans the flour and butter. I haven't studied that in depth of course, but that's my story and I'm sticking with it.

Flourless/Butterless Chocolate Chunk Peanut Butter Cookies
makes about 16

ingredients
1 cup peanut butter (I used creamy but I suspect chunky would work too)
1 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 egg
1/2 cup or so chocolate chunks

THAT IS IT.

method
Heat oven to 400 degrees. Whip the first four ingredients together. Add the chocolate chunks. Place dollops on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake 10 minutes. Let cool on the sheet. Try not to eat more than one.

No comments:

Post a Comment