Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Blogs That Make Us Hungry: Honey & Jam


Rachel here: If you feel good about yourself, it's probably because you haven't visited Honey & Jam (I say this with all of the admiration and well-wishes in the world). Nineteen year old Hannah does this site all on her own and it is one of the most professional looking and down-to-earth sounding blogs I have ever had the pleasure of reading. Seriously, this girl both makes my inferiority complex swell (so driven! so talented! so unimpressed by herself!) and reminds me of all of the reasons that the kitchen is a great place to be. Her recipes cover an impressive range, her instructions are thorough AND she takes her own photographs (something I grapple with for every post...any tips would be welcome on how to improve!). Check her out. You'll be amazed, inspired and hungry within seconds of opening her page.

Janet here: Although Rachel gave me the heads-up about how great Honey & Jam was when she advocated we highlight this blog on Blogs That Make Us Hungry, I was still unprepared for the simple beauty of this lovely blog about food. The photos are just stunning and the simplicity of the writing, the complete lack of ego, is just so refreshing. Plus she makes homemade donuts that look absolutely killer and carrot cupcakes that make me want to grab one right off my computer screen — and I don't even like coconut! If you're a foodie, you'll love this blog.

1 comment:

  1. Aw, y'all have put the biggest smile on my face today! Thanks so much for featuring me, and for your kind words. :)

    ReplyDelete