Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Chickpeas With Chard and Pan-Roasted Tomatoes

Rachel here.

Summer has finally graced the west coast, sending the rain that nagged us through May packing. Fresh fruit and veggies abound and we've been gobbling down stir-fries and salads in our house, delighting at M's appreciation for berries and bok choy and all sorts of other simple yumminess.

The shelves at the grocery store are overflowing with chard and the first local tomatoes have made an appearance.

Have I mentioned that I absolutely adore tomatoes? Because I do. I've been known to stand over the kitchen sink with a salt shaker in hand and tomato juice streaming down my chin, beaming. Tart and sweet and juicy...what more could you want?

Anyway, today I offer this simple recipe for Chickpeas With Chard and Pan-Roasted Tomatoes. I found it in an old copy of Real Simple magazine. It is, you know, a really simple recipe. And really delicious. And super nutritious to boot. I highly recommend you give it a whirl.

No comments:

Post a Comment