Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Blogs That Make Us Hungry: Not Quite Nigella


Rachel here: Ok, so bear with me if this post stops (ok, possibly never quite starts) making sense. I've slept about 3 hours out of the last 36 and they haven't been consecutive. The lovely M has become quite the alert and curious little baby which is delightful and, well, exhausting. But anyway, that's really neither here nor there right now. The direction I am headed in, however, is a blog called Not Quite Nigella.

Before I go any further, I should give a nod to Ian, John's friend whose Stanton St. Farms blog we featured a few weeks back. Thanks for directing our attention towards Not Quite Nigella and, for those of you readers who haven't checked out Ian's blog, I'd highly recommend you do so.

Anyway, Not Quite Nigella is awesome. Lorraine Elliot is NQN and her blog is filled with food adventures, both in her own kitchen and in restaurants. My only lament is that she's based out of Australia (though she gets props for putting her recipes in both metric and non-metric terms), so while her restaurant reviews left my mouth watering, I don't think I'll be popping into any of her recommendations any time soon. The good news, though, is that there are plenty of recipes to try at home as well. And, to boot, Nigella herself has visited Elliot's site. Ooh la la! When I get back into the kitchen I am going to try her salt-crusted chicken recipe because John finds food shaped like animals amusing...oh, and because it sounds delicious, too. What will you try?

No comments:

Post a Comment