Monday, July 26, 2010

Meatless Mondays: Plum Upside-Down Cake


Rachel here: Contrary to the photos I'm offering up today, Plum Upside-Down Cake is amazing. This cake is fluffy and light and the perfect amount of sweet. Plums are everywhere around here these days and one of my favorite fruits so I'm always looking for ways to maximize my consumption of them (besides eating them raw...which I can do multiple times a day). Anyway, these photos are from the first time I made this cake, back in the days before M was even an idea...back, you know, when I made cakes for fun. I'm sure those days will return, though right now they seem pretty distant. Anyway, this cake is super easy and incredibly good and I highly recommend you make it as soon as possible. Your only problem will be sharing it.

Get the recipe (and see a better photo!) here. The only thing I did differently was add a squeeze of lime juice to the plums when I cooked them (I'm forever adding citrus to things). I totally suggest doing the same, though I can't imagine the cake isn't awesome without this addition.

1 comment:

  1. Janet and Rachel-Thank You so much for having me on Food For Thought Thurday. I'm so gald you posted this recipe. Larry was just at the market, and told meI must whip up something with plums. In the meantime I veganized Rachel's delicous molasses cookies. Delicious. And of course gave credit where credit ws due!!!http://gigi-2boomers.blogspot.com/2010/07/greetings-from-north-pole-cali-and.html

    ReplyDelete