Thursday, October 7, 2010

What's in the Bag?


Hey Ma-

This is just a little post. It's a bedtime post, really, after a busy day. My kitties are flanking me and I'm full from a dinner prepared by John and a gin and tonic (yum!) offered by G. M is sound asleep (it happened incredibly easily tonight...too easily? time will tell...) and I'm sitting in the dining room. What I have to share with you today is grapes. They are the littlest and sweetest grapes I've ever tasted and they came in the most pleasing little brown bag. I'd walked by the row of paper bags at the grocery store for weeks without peering into them. John and M came with me last time, though, and John bothered to look inside.


Yum!

One of the things I love most about John is that he's always looking, that he's rarely moving so quickly or on such automatic pilot that he doesn't notice. This time the byproduct is the gift of perfect little purple grapes, but this is only one of many tiny, ordinary--extraordinary!--things John has brought to my life.

Anyway, I'm off to bed. I love you and I hope that there's been a pretty little surprise in your days recently like the paper bag of grapes John brought into mine.

xxoo
R

No comments:

Post a Comment