Friday, October 29, 2010

Who Ate All the Halloween Candy?

Hey Ma-

So, last weekend I had to go to Target to get a few household essentials. When I was there I somehow found myself standing in the Halloween candy aisle.

"Well, there are a few neighborhood kids who stop by the house sometimes..." I found myself thinking.

The next thing I found myself thinking was, "Well, just in case they don't stop by I should probably buy a kind I like..."

From there, I got to "And I should probably buy a variety bag so the neighborhood kids...if they DO stop by...find something they like."

And this is how I found myself alone in the car (ok, M was there, but she doesn't give me grief yet) with a 20 minute drive home ahead of me and a giant bag of candy parked in the passenger's seat.

I made it home with candy left, I really did. Somehow, though, once John and G joined my candy consumption team the rate of disappearance really...um...took off.

By Wednesday this is what we had to show for ourselves:



There really are neighborhood kids so I really do think we need to have some candy come Halloween night, but right now I'm thinking that I'll have to buy it just before sunset that evening.

Did I mention that we're trying to figure out a way to dress M up and take her trick-or-treating? You know, so she TOO can be a vehicle for bringing candy into our house?

Yeah, I might have a problem.

xxoo
R

No comments:

Post a Comment