Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Did Someone Say Brownies?


As soon as Sandi sent this recipe and I saw the pictures, I wanted to make them immediately. The only reason I haven't made them yet is because of the holidays. I can guarantee, however, that they will be on the baking radar this coming weekend.

I've eaten Sandi's food and a few of her baked goods, and I can attest that this is a woman who knows her way around the kitchen. So, folks, trust this recipe and get baking! But you don't have to take my word for it: Here's what Sandi has to say about these scrumptious delights...

I’m not sure how long I have been baking these brownies, but I know that they are the consensus favorite among our sons, their families and friends. Then there’s my brother, who started the tradition of eating them frozen — and who still checks the freezer immediately on his arrival. Don’t block his path to the kitchen!

It’s an easy recipe, especially if you have a kitchen scale and use the weight measure for the peanut butter instead of trying to pile it into a measuring cup. Don’t use the “all natural” kind of peanut butter or the brownies will be unattractively oily. It’s worth the effort to have mini chips on hand, since they do distribute more evenly, but you can use any size chip you like.

The only trick is to watch the baking time, since they overbake quite easily. I also try to remember to rotate the pan halfway through so that they brown evenly.

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Brownies

ingredients
2/3 cup unsalted butter
1 cup smooth peanut butter—9.25 oz. by weight.
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup packed light brown sugar
4 eggs
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
2 cups unbleached white flour
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
12 ounces chocolate mini-chips

method
Heat oven to 350 degrees.

Cream the butter and peanut butter together with the sugar until it lightens. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each one. Add vanilla. Gradually add flour, then the chips.

Spread in a greased 12x17 inch (half-sheet, jellyroll) pan and bake on the center rack for 30-35 minutes. Let cool in pan and then cut.

And one more photo to get you salivating.....

No comments:

Post a Comment