Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Blogs That Make Us Hungry: Pictures and Pancakes


Rachel here: We make so many decisions about things visually before we engage our other senses and food is no exception. I can't tell you how many meals I've decided I love based simply on how pleasing they look on the plate before me. Sure, they don't always quite measure up once my taste buds get involved, but I remain confident that I still enjoy these foods more thanI would if they didn't delight my eyes first. It is this visual enticement that has inspired us to start revamping our own presentation of this blog during the past few days. We would love feedback from you guys about the changes we've made and suggestions for others that would whet your appetite.

But anyway, I have a point in here somewhere. My point, I suppose, is the pictures and pancakes blog. The work of the Purcells--a food stylist and photographer duo--this site looks nothing short of delicious. Stark and modern, the vibe this blog emanates is still somehow yummy and inviting. I love their choice to feature dual photographs (I'm sure there's a technical name for this...) and there are several recipes I've bookmarked to try my hand at sometime soon.

Anyway, take a look. Your eyes will be pleased and your appetite is sure to swell accordingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment